The Dyvox Sandbox is the first iteration of an exciting new engine that will allow players to customize and create their own game experience, in real-time, with other players. As on ongoing project, players will be invited to participate in the community-directed development process that determines what gameplay features and content will be prioritized. Currently, the DyVox engine contains a wide variety of mechanics that players will enjoy tinkering with to create their own dynamic, destructible vehicles, to build their own structures and to test them all against their friends in combat!
Currently, the editor is in development. Once completed, players will have access to powerful tools to create custom games and challenging scenarios. The editor will be available offline as well as in-game for server admins.
Key Current Features
– Multiplayer Support with full range of features!
– Use building materials and functional components to create vehicles and structures
– Real-time launch of custom creations in multiplayer, with seamless download by other players
– Random terrain generator, using a fusion of heightmap and voxel data: creates resource-rich land masses to explore and fortify
– Random foliage system which generates tens of thousands of unique flora
– Inventory and crafting system: create and store materials and components
– Use weapons to blast enemy vehicles and structures apart
– Materials have physical properties, which means it matters how you build your vehicles and structures
– Paints and decals allow expanded design and creativity
– Character system supports clothing/armor
Official Website : http://www.dyvoxstudios.com/
Status : In development
Platform : Windows
Multiplayer : Yes
Price : N/A