Stonehearth Alpha 8 has been released this week on Steam and Humble Bundle page. This release brings a new character class, as well as adding more depth to the mining feature.
The blacksmith crafts weapons and armor for your footmen.
- To get a blacksmith, have your Mason craft a Blacksmith’s Hammer
- Mine ore from mountains, then have the Blacksmith smelt it into ingots
Mining, Phase 2
- Ore will now drop from stone voxels
- Lots of bug fixes and performance enhancements
The party system allows you some degree of control of your hearthlings’ movements.
- Access the party management screen using the red banner icon on the main toolbar
- Parties can be of any size and contain any mix of jobs
New Rules for Immigration
You will now receive a daily update with the requirements for gaining new hearthings to your town. If you fulfill the requirements, you will always be granted the option of accepting a new settler.
New Lighting Model, Stage 1
- Lights now cast somewhat realistic shadows
- Fire now glows. Oooooo.