Stonehearth Alpha 6 is now officially out. This is definitely the biggest featured Stonehearth Alpha to date.
New Building Templates and Tools
The building UI has undergone a significant revamp. Most notably, the game now ships with several pre-designed buildings for your to choose and place.
Other building improvements include:
- New slab tool, for building free-form structures
- New stone materials for building parts
- New building parts, like double doors
- UI improvements
Job System Overhaul
We have added an RPG-like progression system to citizen jobs, with experience, levels, and new abilities. Citizens will now gain experience and level up. Leveling up provides perks like more hitpoints and job-specific enhancements. To increase the flexibility of your workforce, you can change citizens’ jobs as often as you like, but changing jobs will cause the citizen to lose all experience points in his current level.
- Ladders now build down when necessary
- The size is now shown for all boxes dragged out in the world: in the building tool, farms, stockpiles, etc.
- New command to undeploy a placed item, returning it to a stockpile.
- Significant UI revamp of the building UI
- Significant UI revamp of the job promotion UI
- Added job icon to the unit frame. Clicking the icon brings up the citizen’s character sheet
- Clicking a citizen’s name in the unit frame zooms the camera to that citizen
- Show icons for ingredients in the crafting UI
- Audio improvements. Improved the base volume and falloff for location-specific sounds
- Significant pathfinder performance improvements
- Massive memory-use optimizations
- Citizens no longer own their own beds, and are much more aggressive about finding a bed to sleep in before giving up
- Fix bug that prevented many buildings from being completed
- Fix multiple crash bugs when destroying an entity
- Fix embedded ladders in the terrain after building a building
- Fixed crash bug affecting Vista computers
- Fixed score calculation, allowing new immigrants again
- Fix for the camera getting stuck in obstacles like trees
- Combatants will no longer try to fight each other if they are on different vertical terrain levels
- Fixes to save/load bugs