New screenshots has been recently published on the development blog of Cube World with some news from the author:
Over the last weeks I’ve experimented a lot with quests: completely random quests, semi-random quests, pre-written class quests. But I somehow had the feeling that the addition of quests could remove a lot of the freedom and restrict the player too much. I’m also afraid that they could become too repetitive and generic over time. So I decided to leave them out for now and put the game focus on exploration, fighting and character progress, which are in my opinion the most fun aspects of Cube World. Here is an overview of the new features:
– There is now a clearly arranged overview map showing lands and levels. The player can switch between the voxel map and the overview map.
– I’ve added screens for character selection, world selection, character creation and world generation
– Each class has access to three different types of weapons
* Warrior: Great weapons, dual-wielded one-handed weapons, shield + one-handed weapons
* Rogue: Daggers, fist weapons, longswords
* Spirit Mage: Staffs, wands, bracelets
* Ranger: Bows, crossbows, boomerangs
– There are now groups of NPC adventurers wandering through the landscapes and fighting monsters, just like the player. Some of them are bad and will attack the player.
– Cities have now different districts and there are class trainers