Cube World is an action role-playing-game made by Wollay. It has been in development since June 2011. With gameplay inspired by Diablo, Zelda, Minecraft, and many other classic Role-Playing Games, Cube World aims to be the perfect mix of RPG elements, exploration, action, and creation.
A main feature of Cube World is the random world generation. In contrast to many games, worlds are not designed by a level designer, but generated procedurally by the game using math and random numbers. The result is an endless world (nearly endless, i.e. players can’t reach the borders), so players can explore new landscapes all the time.
Players can generate their own worlds by specifiying one single number, the seed. The same seeds result in exactly the same world, so players can share their worlds with friends by telling them their seeds.
Worlds are generated on-the-fly while playing, so there are neither long precomputations nor huge save files at the beginning.
Being an exploration RPG, an important focus of Cube World is exploration and adventure. In Cube World, players are equipped with a set of skills that a true adventurer needs:
- Climbing allows players to ascend the highest rocks and reach the deepest abyss.
- Swimming through rivers, lakes and oceans is routine for a Cube World adventurer.
- Diving to the ground of a lake or exploring underwater caves is also possible.
- Hang gliding from a mountain right into a lush valley is a common task in Cube World.
- Sailing enables ocean explorers to travel quickly from one island to another.
- Action-based combat
- Classes & Infinite Character Progression
- Several races
- Tons of monsters and bosses
- Items, Crafting & Customization
Official Website : https://picroma.com/
Server List : https://cubeworld-servers.com/
Status : In development, Playable
Platform : Windows, Mac (planned), Consoles (planned)
Multiplayer : Yes
Price : 15€