Terraria 1.2.2 has been released yesterday and the game is 50% off on Steam until January 2nd.
Mechanics and Gameplay:
- The content of presents have been altered and now contain more goodies. They are also now placeable and stack in your inventory.
- Santa Claus now has a larger variety of Holiday related items that he will sell to you.
- Frostmoon is a new event that can be triggered in hardmode. It has 15 standard waves as well as 5 extra bonus waves.
- The Frostmoon is triggered by a Naughty Present. To make the Naughty Present you need 20 silk, 5 Ectoplasm, and 5 Souls of Fright.
- There are several new pets as well as 1 new mount that will drop off one of the Frostmoon bosses.
- Holiday themed wallpaper can now be purchased from the Painter.
- Maximum player buff slots has been increased to 22.
- There is now an alternate to the underground theme.
- There is a new track that will play during the Frostmoon.
- Recording Pumpkin song no longer creates an Ankh.
- NPCs now go to shelter during eclipses.
- World gen no longer saves broken chest slots.
- Increased the damage bonus of stealthing in Shroomite armor.
- Items which regenerate health per hit now have a cap of 2 hearts per second.
- Flame traps will no longer trigger healing from Spectre Armor.
Terraria Server List: http://terraria-servers.com/